Saturday, May 19, 2007

Bring back the spring!

It feels more like winter, more like the gray days that often inspire my work, or simply...more like autumn. It's been a tough week for me (do I say that a lot?). My day job has become more and more painful and I keep hoping beyond hope that something remarkable will happen with my non-profit arts organization and allow me to make that my full time work. In the meantime, what can I do? I try to hold on to things that make me smile or that make me feel alive. That is all any of us can do when days are dark or cold or lonely.

I share another poem from my book with you to bring back the spring...

Some Flowers
Somewhere in the backyard are my mother's favorite flower - lily of the valley.
The fragrant bells have bloomed by May, a time for mothers.

The Peonies have yet to bloom. I planted them because my father had one near the shed at the cottage on the lake.

There are two different types of lilac trees. I like the one because it is so different, and the other because it is what I expect.

Rose bushes line the wall, their variety of color remind me of an Easter basket, or a box of crayons, or a rainbow that reflects a kind of forgiveness.

And there are many other flowers: the hyacinths, the tulips, the crocus, and a bleeding heart, and there are always daffodils - yellow daffodils that I picked a million miles from here, a million years ago.

Visit my non-profit online at http://www.allseasonstheatre.org
Preview and purchase my book online at http://www.lulu.com/parplaywright

No comments:


As Snoopy in You're A Good Man Charlie Brown (July 2000)