Wednesday, June 3, 2009

As the sun sets on Hawaii

As i come to the end of my time in Hawaii, I can't help but reflect on the trip and also the way it represents my life. Yesterday was my birthday and today is the 30th anniversary of my brother's death! He is ALWAYS with me and indeed a psychic once told me he stays off my right shoulder to guard me - I believe it! And my dear Mom, gone over 12 years now is also always in my thoughts. So while I travelled here alone, the spirit of others, alive and past are with me as I celebrate, rejuvenate, meditate, observe and enjoy. I realize that the reason I keep coming back to Hawaii (this is my 4th time) is that it represents the best of nature for me and of course it represents the spirit that is Aloha.

I am glad that I was able to come by myself and reflect - sometimes we need to just be alone with ourselves to understand the journey and be grateful for all that our life has been - mine has been extraordinary, really. And I am thankful for all of it. But it also allows me to understand that while aloneness is essential and healing that ultimately spending time with another; sharing; laughing together; being with another or others, is how we experience joy exponentially.

I will come back to Hawaii soon, but next time, it will be with someone - a friend, my niece, David...the joy will be exponential!

So now to share my b-day dinner and photos of the sunset:

DINNER
2 glasses of Sancerre
A bottle of "still" water
2 fresh raw oysters from Washington State
Caesar Salad with white anchovies
A petit filet mignon
3 giant grilled prawns
Chocolate Lava Cake with vanilla ice cream
10 year old Port
Cappuccino

Doesn't get much better! Enjoy the sunset and seek the joy!!!









No comments:


As Snoopy in You're A Good Man Charlie Brown (July 2000)