Thursday, June 14, 2007

Just take a day at a time

That's what my Mom always used to say. She was a wise lady. Sometimes, that is all you can do, especially when all else seems lost or your way seems so unclear. I haven't been to work all week and hope I can climb out of this funk soon. I was in the recording studio yesterday working on the CD for our PIE Holiday Story Series. I thought that would pull me out of my depression, but it didn't. Maybe because everything with ASTC in these first few years has been such a struggle - it always seems like a fight to get anything accomplished. Getting people to believe in the arts and moreover, getting them to support the arts, is a "hard row to hoe." Another phrase my Mom used to use.

Well, in honor of her life, and in her memory, I will try and make tomorrow a little better than today. As she got older, she tried to take everything in stride and appreciate what she had and realize that life wasn't so bad. When anyone would ask her how she was, she would simply say, "I'm doing pretty good for an old lady!"

I hope some of her attitude will find its way into my consciousness. I miss her.

Here is another one of her paintings...Shadows, oil on canvas board

No comments:


As Snoopy in You're A Good Man Charlie Brown (July 2000)