Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I think I really am from another planet

So most of the time, as I travel through my life on this earth, I think that I am an alien - foreign to so many of the people around me; feeling so often like I am in the twilight zone. When I run into people that seem to "get" me, I wonder if they are from my home planet? Of course I am not speaking literally, although I often wonder about life in the universe and certainly life after death. I have a strong sense that there is something beyond this realm of consciousness.

I am so tired right now that I wish I was a polar bear and that it was time for my hibernation to begin - I feel like I could sleep for days and not even be bothered that time had passed me by.

My only wish right now, is to have a great run of the show and know, once it is over, that it was great work. The rest, will reveal itself as it is supposed to. Philosophically, I can say that is what I know to be true...too bad I really can't live my life that way. I am impatient and dark and often feel cheated - and certainly, most of the time, i feel lonely, even when I am surrounded by people.

Phone home...phone home.

Speaking of outer space - I wrote a poem about the planets which I will post next time. It is an ode that I wrote after being invited by a magazine to submit something (they didn't end up publishing it - losers). Anyway...until then...

Gaze at the heavens and know that the stars are shining for you - and even when you can not see them, you must believe that their glow can illuminate your soul and light the pathways of your experiences. I wish that for you.

No comments:


As Snoopy in You're A Good Man Charlie Brown (July 2000)