Sunday, October 7, 2007

Another incredible soul...

Meeting someone, like I met tonight, gives me hope - it refreshes my faith in humanity and sparks my essence, forcing me to think positively about life and all it's challenges.

I have always considered myself (at least in my adult years) to be someone who has a command with language; with words - using them to express myself in a way that is both truthful and at times, hopefully, poetic.

But I also realize, there are moments, like this evening, when language seems to languish, leaving me at a loss. I know, you have heard similar moans from me before, but maybe some scholar out there needs to invent some new words for me to use. For now, I am forced to use old ones - repeating myself I am sure, but certain that I must express it, here and now.

Remarkable is the first thought that comes into my consciousness as I ponder our exchanges tonight. The things you have gone through; the challenges presented to you. And yet, your spirit is filled with joy and love of life. Others might have wilted under the circumstances of your recent journey - giving up; turning to darkness in a world so often filled with shadows. Instead, like a lighthouse beacon cutting through the fog in the deepest part of the night, you shine and give strength to those you touch.

Wise and soulful also come to mind. You are connected to the universe in a way that is rare (at least in my experience) and you share it all without reserve or excuse or quandary. You remind me of what it might have been to have conversations with the true thinkers of a past age - Socrates or Aristotle. Although I know you would shun those comparisons and call me a fool for uttering them. Your humility is also something acutely apparent.

Finally, I can only speak of your presence and your warmth - something I am grateful to have glimpsed this evening - something I can only hope, I will catch sight of again soon.

I tell you this: Your eyes are like sparks that dance across the embers in a fantastic fire as it warms the dead winter's chill. Your smile...like a shooting star in the depths of the heavens, radiates a kindness almost startling and yet beguiling. Your soul, filled with a universal truth, gives hint to your wisdom. Your humanness, maybe most of all, flowing from you without pretense or pause. You are inspirational, to me, and most certainly to others, as the morning turns into day and tomorrow becomes yesterday. Grateful to have met you, is all my limited vocabulary can come up with - I do hope it will suffice.

No comments:


As Snoopy in You're A Good Man Charlie Brown (July 2000)